HeadBanger's Compound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welterweight champ Mayweather Jr. retires

2 posters

Go down

Welterweight champ Mayweather Jr. retires Empty Welterweight champ Mayweather Jr. retires

Post by Nanoman June 6th 2008, 8:02 pm

Posted: Friday June 6, 2008 5:32PM; Updated: Friday June 6, 2008 5:35PM

Unbeaten welterweight Floyd Mayweather Jr. has announced his retirement again, with boxing's unofficial pound-for-pound king saying he no longer has the passion necessary to fight.

Mayweather, the WBC welterweight champion, made the announcement in a letter to select media members Friday. The 31-year-old former U.S. Olympian (39-0, 25 KOs) hasn't fought since beating Ricky Hatton in December, but was widely expected to fight Oscar De La Hoya in September in a rematch of the richest fight in boxing history.

"This decision was not an easy one for me to make, as boxing is all I have done since I was a child," said Mayweather, the son and nephew of three of the sport's top trainers. "However, these past few years have been extremely difficult for me to find the desire and joy to continue in the sport."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/mma/boxing/06/06/mayweather.ap/
Nanoman
Nanoman
yellow belt
yellow belt

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Welterweight champ Mayweather Jr. retires Empty Re: Welterweight champ Mayweather Jr. retires

Post by flexwave2003 January 16th 2009, 9:16 am

Gone, but not keeping himself out of the lime light.

Also this is the first post of 2009.

I can hear the echo of silence.
flexwave2003
flexwave2003
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum